Fusing large-diameter polypropylene pipe in tight indoor spaces is a challenge, especially overhead. That’s why McElroy Acrobat™ 355mm to 630mm machines are available with a lightweight, modular QuikFit® carriage.
The QuikFit breaks down in components allowing operators to assemble the upper and lower jaws around the pipe by hand to construct a full-featured fusion carriage. This reduces weight and size and eliminates the difficulty of lifting and situating an entire carriage into a tight space.
Operators using the QuikFit can fuse pipe in places that are nearly impossible with heavy, bulkier fusion equipment. This innovative solution has opened new doors for the plumbing, mechanical and HVAC industry.
- Modular, lightweight carriage and facer assemble around the pipe for optimal close-quarter fusion
- No tools required for assembly or conversion to 3- or 4-jaw unit
- Jaws fit 355/400mm, 450/500mm and 560/630 pipe – no inserts necessary
- Core Package can be used with any Acrobat 355-630 Size Package
- Facer blade orientation allows shavings to fall inside or outside of the pipe
- Stackable shipping container designed to store all machine components
Visit our overview page for a variety of marketing collateral on the Acrobat with QuikFit carriage. We’ll also help you find the right QuikFit package for your jobsite. Download photos, spec sheets and more on our product pages.