The Hornet is an industry-first, all-in-one fusion tool for outlet fusion of polypropylene pipe. Its patent-pending design helps plumbing installers maintain perfect alignment of the pipe and fitting for more efficient and accurate fusions with less time and strain compared to manual methods. The unique, “V-base” design of the Hornet allows it to self-align on the center of the main pipe. A precision carriage guides the drilling of the outlet hole and fusion of the fitting — keeping everything perfectly aligned to produce consistent and accurate fusions. With a small footprint and weighing just 11 pounds, the Hornet is capable of performing outlet fusions in any orientation — making it ideal for overhead and vertical fusions in tight spaces. The Hornet works with all McElroy socket heaters and fusion outlet adapters for polypropylene pipe from 20mm to 63mm on mains up to 630mm.
- Anodized aluminum wear surfaces for corrosion resistance
- Quick-change drill and fitting adapter for efficient fusions
- Rack and pinion drive for smooth operation
- Self-centering base design ensures fusion operations align on center of pipe
- Integrated ratchet strap allows operation across wide range of pipe sizes
- Lightweight and compact
- Carriage locks in position