The Polygon, a three-in-one machine that fabricates miter and butt fusion joints with additional socket fusion capability, is now available for polyethylene pipe. Equipped with a hydraulic pressure gauge, this is McElroy’s first manually-operated butt fusion machine with DataLogger® capability, providing documentation that joints were fused according to applicable standards.
The Polygon’s pivoting jaws lock in angles up to 45 degrees make it capable of performing three times fewer miter fusions per fitting compared to traditional machines using miter inserts. This time and cost savings — amplified by its ability to perform in the field — eliminates the expense and lead times for molded or fabricated fittings.
- Produces miter, butt and socket fusion joints
- Pivoting jaws for faster, easier fusion setup
- Easily removable outer jaws for tighter work spaces
- Quick open/close, non-back-drivable wheel drive for smooth jaw movement
- Side-positioned wheel drive for easier movement of the carriage
- Power required only for the heater; battery-operated drill powers the facer
- Manually-operated machine with DataLogger capability
- Easy-to-view pressure gauge
- Configurations for low or high force
- Uses the same standard butt fusion inserts as the Acrobat™ 160 and 180
- Sturdy travel case for easy transport of entire machine and accessories