This latest update includes general fixes and a new integration with the Highland electro fusion box.
Current Public Releases
DataLogger Version 140, 1.30
Previous Public Releases
DataLogger Version 131, 1.27
June 22nd, 2023 Release Summary
This DataLogger release includes a new integration with the Highland VORTEX and Supercell electrofusion machines. The DataLogger provides real-time feedback and data collection during the user process and stores data in the Vault™. In addition, smaller-scale improvements include additional CAN log support for field diagnostic needs, machine/pipe selection additions and specification setting changes.
DataLogger® Version 140, 1.30
- The DataLogger® 7 is now compatible with the Highland VORTEX and Supercell electrofusion machines as both a machine controller and data recorder. This integration allows the fusion process to be monitored through a live graphical interface and fusion data is saved both locally and to the McElroy Vault™ for future access and analyzation.
Additions and Improvements
- For iSeries machines, improved CAN log support for field diagnostics (update from January 13, 2023 release, v. 134, 1.28.)
- The Polygon HF and LT have been added as machine selections.
- Nupi Niron All Pro has been added as a material selection.
- The Profuse specification has been added, including the functionality to create “dummy” welds.
- Minor change has been applied to the ISO low fusion specification.
- New “flag” has been added to the ASTM specification in the Vault™ for reporting purposes.
September 20th, 2022 Release Summary
Additions and refinements in this release affect the DataLogger® and TracStar® iSeries™. This includes the additions of remote CAN logging as a diagnostic tool, fusion specifications, and Swedish translation for selection in the DataLogger®. For the TracStar® iSeries™, additional intelligence in the FusionGuide™ Control System has been added for an improved operator experience during fusion. These improvements include the marker/transition points for Fusions Levels 2 and 3. In addition, the Vault™ has been updated with an additional marker to improve exception reporting and minimize actual open/close time during fusion operation. Lastly, improvements have been made to the manual fusion process (Level 1) and electro fusion detection and reporting for select saddle fittings.
DataLogger® Version 131, 1.27
- Remote CAN Logging – The CAN log records/sends messages from a TracStar® iSeries™ machine remotely. These records can be accessed and analyzed for use in high-level troubleshooting. The recording/sending of the data is optional according to user preference and can be enabled/disabled.
- Improvement of manual fusion process (Level 1 Fusions) including reporting and recommended times.
- Swedish translation – The additional language has been added as a selection in the setting preferences.
- Norwegian (NS-Insta) fusion specification has been added for selection.
- TracStar® iSeries™ improvements/additions:
- Improvement of marker/fusion transition points for Fusion Levels 2 and 3. Level 1 improvements will be included in an upcoming release.
- Marker added at the “end of open/close” which will be used by The Vault™ to improve exception reporting (which will minimize actual open/close time).
- Refinement of electrofusion detection and reporting for select saddle fittings.
- TracStar® iSeries™ improvements/additions:
May 17th, 2022 Release Summary
DataLogger Version 120, 1.26
- For some users, the application would not open after update. This change in software update process handles updating from old application versions to latest version.
April 18th, 2022 Release Summary
DataLogger Version 119, 1.26
- Added a preference in the iSeries Management menu to enable or disable a manual drag measurement procedure. This feature is in the off position by default and will require a version of the Carriage Control Module (CCM) that has not been released yet. The CCM version is currently in closed testing and will be released at a later date.
- A correction was made to the conversion of the heater offset. The displayed heater temperature should now match the Operator Display Console. This does not have any effect on the heater control as that process is fully functional, just ensures the heater temperature is displayed properly with the correctly converted heater offset. Requires Vehicle Control Module (VCM) 1.014.
- Corrected certain text wrapping issues when user selected Portuguese in the language preference. Some of the text wrapping made certain buttons unreadable when the user had selected high contrast text and larger font sizes.
- Corrected an issue when reading electrofusion fitting barcode for ISO manufacturers barcode standard. The fitting manufacturer indicated the fitting was multiple sizes however the barcode failed to list the additional sizes in the barcode itself. We have now made a change to accommodate this exception to the barcode standard.
February 14th, 2022 Release Summary
DataLogger® Version 107, 1.25
- Improved the display of capture points of the various fusion stages (open/close start, open/close end, fuse start, cool start). This helps users when analyzing reports later in the McElroy Vault.
- Added description to each FusionGuide Level as well as a “Help Me Decide” selection that presents an article to the operator with more details describing best use cases for each level.
- Level 2 and 3 will not be a selection option when fusing in 3-Jaw mode.
- Retain user selection of fusion type from fusion to fusion. Previously, this would reset to Butt Fusion as a default.
November 17th, 2021 Release Summary
Datalogger Version 101, 1.24
- Added Dummy Joint selection for WIS, GIS, and DVS standards. The process will run as normal through the heat soak and stop when the heater is removed. This record will be saved, and Dummy Joint will be noted on the report.
- Added stop in the process if the heater is not in the proper range for WIS, GIS, and DVS standards
- Added heater temp display to heater temperatures screen
- Added heater temp display to logging screen for levels 2 & 3 only
- Fixed issue of desired heater set point not converting properly to Celsius on selection screen
- Fixed issue with “use previous drag” function not running the shortened process but instead running the full drag measurement
- Fixed issue scanning barcodes for sidewall fittings